Just How We came to Such a State as This Without Really Trying......Part 11
The Road out of Zion I mentioned that Greg was coming in the last blog(not his real name)..We had met him up in MacKay Idaho at free RV park where you could camp for a few days. We noticed right away that he was peculiar (not going to mention everything) but we would watch him wash his clothes (expensive sports clothes) in a bucket near us in the evening and hang everything out all over his expensive van.) He also picked up twigs and paper and started a fire each evening...but more then that this 6 foot 6 gentleman with a pony tail..just made us feel uneasy. I think sometimes you can just sense things about people and that is what we felt as well as the other things that I did not mention. Anyway he started talking to Pete one day and acted as if he believed the same way as Pete...we know now that that was just a ploy...a snake in rabbits clothing...lol. (Once had a brother just like him). But we decided that maybe we were wrong and would give h...

Sounds so exciting and a must visit place...xxx
ReplyDeleteyou should this truely the wild wild west
DeleteVery intriguing story my sister.. it makes me want to visit there someday.. i imagine all yout words as a film movie of Indiana Jones.. an adventure full of surprise 😘👍 xoxo ya sis ,Marina
ReplyDeletesorry that it has taken me so long to reply but have been sick for weeks with the flu....seems to be epidemic down here....but after drinking cresol tea that grows down here I am feeling so much better today although still coughing up a storm...lol thank you so much for your kind word..hugs....
DeleteWow, Kristina! Well, you know I went to Google Streetview several times while reading your accounts. I saw the Why Not Travel Store and the beautiful painted artwork, the umbrella tables and the old truck body. I saw the casino too, but Google didn't go up close to them, just on the highway. I experienced the West when I drove from TN to CA in the 80s. Quite an experience for someone who had never been in a desert, only through stories. I had heard of swamp air when research Phoenix. Now I know more about what it is as I looked it up as I read here.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you and your husband have found a place where you can live in peace again. Seems like your social lives will develop. I hope you are getting stronger each day. Will be thinking of you and reading more from time to time, as you share. ♥♥♥
Sandy my dear friend sorry it took so long to answer..have been so sick with the flu....but loved everything you said...I love the Wynot store...everyone that stops is always is amazed at this place...the young woman that did this...a relative of the owners...did all this and turned that truck into a water fountain and planted all the shrubberies and well she is amazing.
DeleteNever have heard of swamp air but will have to look it up....the desert here is so different then anyplace that I have ever been but I love it here..the mixture of nationalities is wonderful and the people so dear here. I need to go lay down for awhile but will answer your other posts later today. Love you my dear friend.